DFA is proud to announce our first new and improved member benefit!
Over the last year, we have interviewed many of our members, and as we did so, we started to recognize a trend: food safety training is something you all find value in. Training is an integral part of the food safety program that you can always use more of, especially with staff turnover the way it is. We truly heard your feedback on this one, and we agree. As our members, you deserve to have access to more food safety training, and here’s what we are doing about it.
Starting in July, DFA will begin offering free food safety training to members. If you haven’t had the budget or the opportunity to have your team attend a food safety course, now is your chance to do so for free.
- We will offer 6-8 courses up to the GFSI level, including courses like HACCP and SQF.
- Some courses will be specifically tailored for the Dried Fruit and Tree Nuts community.
- Up to 2 people from each member company can attend each course.
- Each course will be offered at least once in different regions, from Sacramento to Fresno.
- We estimated your savings to be between $8-25k based on the size of your company.
Monthly Refresher Training
In addition to free food safety training, DFA and Safe Food Alliance will host monthly refresher training courses to help improve knowledge retention and reduce risk. What is great about these refresher events is that you can bring as many members of your team as you want. These courses could be an opportunity to show non-food safety staff some of the “Why” behind your decision-making.
- We will offer a 2 Hour Refresher Training once a month
- These events are completely FREE for members to attend
- You can bring as many staff members as you’d like
- Get all your questions answered
- Access recordings via our on-demand library
We hope you are as excited as we are about the launch of this new service and can take advantage of training as many team members as possible. DFA is committed to providing more value and better services to you, our members. This is just the beginning.
If you have any questions or would like to recommend a topic for a refresher training course, please reach out to Katie Edwards at Katiee@safefoodalliance.com.